Philadelphia Regional Compliance Conference
Friday, June 3, 2016
Hot Topics in Compliance
James Sheehan, JD, Chief Integrity Officer/Executive Deputy Commission, New York City Human Resources Administration
Audit & Reimbursement Challenges in the Changing Healthcare Environment
Robert Bacon, Assistant Vice President & Billing Compliance, Officer, Penn Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Rate of constant change in the healthcare marketplace continues to challenge the compliance professional - Can telehealth services grow in the current restrictive regulatory environment?
- What are the new areas of concern with the implementation of electronic medical records?
- Are mergers and acquisitions impacting compliance operations?
Update on Enforcement Actions from the OIG and US Attorney’s Office
Stuart Silverman, Special Assistant United States Attorney, Office of the Inspector General, District of Columbia
Responding to a Compliance Investigation
Sean McKenna, Partner, Haynes and Boone, LLP
Bret S. Bissey, MBA, FACHE, CHC, CMPE, Senior Vice President, Compliance Services, MediTract, Inc.
- Developing a coordinated and planned response to compliance-related investigations; key points to consider when effectively dealing with such events
- Practical suggestions for conducting internal compliance investigations and addressing identified misconduct in a process designed to ultimately reduce overall organizational risk
- Legal standards in investigations, proper interviewing techniques, evidence collection, determining when to investigate, who should be performing the investigation, consequences of not doing a full investigation, identifying “conflicted” parties, and more
Update from the Hill
Kim Brandt, Chief Healthcare Investigative Counsel for Senate US Senate Finance Comm, Min Staff
- An update on the Senate Finance Committee and its role in healthcare policy.
- An overview of the healthcare compliance issues before the 114th Congress.
- Healthcare policy and the 2016 elections: What’s next?
High Anxiety: A Prescription for Compliance Officer Burnout from the Psychoneurotic Institute for the Very, Very Nervous
Jeffrey B. Miller, Esq.
- Emerging trends in corporate compliance
- Challenges to compliance program efficiency and effectiveness
- Enhancing compliance and increasing efficiency through corporate governance, executive leadership and appropriate financial incentives
Top Risks of Physician Compliance
Scott Jones, Senior Vice President, Claims, Risk Management & Corporate Compliance, HPIX
Richard Moses, Physician/Attorney
- Identify the Top 10 Risks of Physician Compliance
- Discuss real-world examples of physician compliance risks
- Discuss physician education and engagement with regards to compliance