San Francisco Regional Conference
Friday, December 2, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Update
Brian Bewley, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Review of noteworthy settlements and enforcement activity in 2016
- Discussion of most recent significant false claim and health care fraud court decisions
- Proactive compliance measures to take in 2017 in light of enforcement trends
OCR Phase 2 Audits: What is happening?
Marti Arvin, CHPC, CHRC, CHC-F, CCEP-F, Vice President of Audit Strategy, Cynergistik
- The desk audits are complete. Do we know what they found?
- The onsite audits and what to expect if you are selected
- How can the audit protocol be used to enhance your compliance program?
Deidre Ramsey, CHC, CHPC, Managing Director TPMG Compliance, Permanente Medical Group
Greta Fees, CHC, Director, Billing & Coding Compliance, Sutter Health System Office
Anne V. Cadwell, Managing Director, The Permanente Medical Group
- How telehealth/telemedicine is changing the health care provided to patients
- The “key” ins and outs for billing for telehealth/telemedicine
- How to mitigate the risks with telehealth/telemedicine
Dial C for Compliance
Lori Laubach, CHC, Partner, Moss Adams
Judith Waltz, Partner, Foley & Lardner
- How do you identify issues that require further review?
- When do you need to bring in an external auditor?
- What is the best way to design an audit, get it done, and succeed?
- How do you meet your legal obligations while securing legal protections?
Medicare Part C & D Compliance
Pamela C. Brecht, Partner, Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti, LLP
- Medicare C – Emerging trends
- Risk Scores – What are you certifying?
- Medicare D – What’s happening in this $70 billion program