Indianapolis Regional Conference
September 29, 2017
Corrective Actions: When it goes wrong—Getting to correctness
Dwight Claustre, CHRC, Director, Aegis Compliance & Ethics Center, LLP
- Where do we start when it all goes wrong?
- Who, What, Where, When, Why and How.
- What do we do with the final answer?
Conducting a Compliant Investigation (Effective Internal Investigation)
David Glaser, Shareholder, Fredrikson & Bryon PA
- Strategies for how to conduct interviews and analyze data.
- How to approach practical problems with the review, including statistical analysis and document review.
- Determining whether, and how, to disclose information to the government or private payors, including creative argument that may avoid refunds.
Compliance program effectiveness: How confident are you?
Marti Arvin, CCEP-F, CHC-F, CHPC, CHRC, Vice President, Audit Strategy, CynergisTek, Inc.
- Using the OIG/HCCA Resource Guide to demonstrate effectiveness
- What the DOJ guidance on program effectiveness means to healthcare organizations
- Methods and tools for demonstrating effectiveness, what gets measured gets done
HIPAA Compliance: Inside OCR’s Phase 2 Audit Program
Deepali Doddi, Associate, Ice Miller
- Purpose and structure of the Phase 2 HIPAA Audit program
- Key compliance areas on which OCR is focusing during the Phase 2 HIPAA audits
- Tips from a former OCR investigator for successfully undergoing a HIPAA audit
- Preparing for a HIPAA audit using lessons learned from OCR enforcement actions
Fraud and Abuse Update
Jonathan A. Bont, Assistant United States Attorney, United States Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Indiana
- Overview of national and local federal law enforcement
- Recently publicized healthcare investigations, indictments, settlements, etc. in the Southern District of Indiana
- DOJ healthcare enforcement priorities under the new administration
- Controlled substances
Evaluating and Assessing Risk
Vicki Yamasaki, CEO, Yamasaki ERM Solutions, former Chief Risk Officer, OneAmerica Financial Partners
Mike Salazar, Vice President, Client Services, Gregory & Appel Insurance
Michele Calderon Johns, JD, CPHRM, Indiana University Health, Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, IU Health Risk Retention Group, Inc.
- What is Enterprise Risk Management?
- Constructing an Enterprise Risk Management framework
- Top strategic risks for healthcare entities.