Minneapolis Regional Conference
September 15, 2017
Healthcare Industry Update/Stump the Lawyer
David Glaser, Shareholder, Fredrikson & Bryon, P.A.
- How compensation surveys can be terribly misleading.
- What should keep you awake at night.
- Bring questions and stump the compliance lawyer!
OCR Audit Update
Wandah Hardy, Investigator, United States Office of Civil Rights
Necessary Elements for Research Billing Compliance
Beth Kubista, Compliance Specialist, Sanford Health
- Where is the risk?
- Auditing and Monitoring Tips
- Lessons Learned
CMS Part C & D Program Audits
Jenny O’Brien JD, CHC, CHPC, Chief Compliance Officer, UnitedHealthcare
Alison Green, MJ, CHC, Director, Compliance, UnitedHealthcare
Kate Metzler, Director Audit Management, UnitedHealthcare
Katie Jedynak, Director Compliance Corrections, UnitedHealthcare
- Audit Readiness Strategy: How to prepare your organization and leaders for success in advance of receiving an audit notice
- End-to-End Audit Experience: Success stories and challenges through each phase of the audit (on-site review, corrective action, and validation)
- Lessons Learned: Shaping the future utilizing lessons learned and keeping the organization momentum going post-audit closure
Key Issues in Medical Device Compliance
Mona Peterson Rosow, Sr. Director, RTG Office of Ethics and Compliance, Medtronic
LaVonne Pulliam, Sr. Compliance Program Manager, Office of Ethics and Compliance, Medtronic
- Overview of major regulatory schemes for medical device companies
- New world for medical device company offerings
- Building compliance programs to keep up with innovation
Dynamic Board Reports – What do they really want to know?
Cindy Matson, CHC, CHPC, Sr Executive Director, Compliance, Sanford Health
Ruth Krueger, CHC, Lead Compliance Administrator, Sanford Health
- Board expectations
- Key metrics
- Example board reports