Orange County Regional Conference
Friday, June 16, 2017
Orange County, CA
2017 Legislative and Regulatory Update/Back to the Future
Daniel Esquibel, Senior Manager, Regulatory Services Life Sciences & Health Care, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA)
- Medicaid Managed Care roll out
- Compliance timeline
New Health Care Delivery Models: New Compliance Issues
Charles B. Oppenheim, Partner, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman PC
- How do recent developments in Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS)/Stark Law affect physician alignment?
- What can (and can’t) the (AKS)/Stark Law waivers do to protect us?
- Must I consider antitrust law risks, even if I don’t have a large market share?
Compliance Data Analytics: There’s Gold in the Data
Paul Belton, VP Corporate Compliance, Sharp HealthCare
- Utilize data analytics and data mining to audit with Medicare’s new payment models
- Recognize critical areas to audit for risk and reward
- Understand unique data analytics essential to ICD-10 coding compliance
Environmental Scanning and Risk Assessment
Margaret Hambleton, CHC, CHPC, MBA, VP Corporate Compliance, Dignity Health
Shirley Komoto, CHC, CIA, PMP, Director, Moss Adams, LLP
- What are the key steps in a robust risk management process?
- How can environmental scanning improve your organization’s ability to envision and plan for future risks and opportunities?
- Using the results of your scan, what are ways to reduce your risk profile?
Compliance Effectiveness and the Government’s View of Effectiveness
Sara Kay Wheeler, CHC, Partner, King & Spalding
- Explore enforcement and regulatory developments illustrating escalating expectations for compliance program sophistication and role of “effectiveness” in enforcement actions
- Focus on standards of effectiveness as articulated in recent DOJ, OIG and other issuances
- Share practical considerations for prudent activity given these important developments
No presentation available
In the Trenches: OCR Audits, Data Breaches, and Cybersecurity Threats
Troy Hawes, Senior Manager, Moss Adams
Darrell Contreras, Chief Compliance Officer, Millennium Health
Leeann Habte, Partner, Best Best & Krieger
Linh Sithihao, former Information/HIPAA Security Officer, IT Security Director, UC Irvine Health