Agenda includes government speakers from: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General, U.S. Health and Human Service Office of Civil Rights, and more
Minneapolis, MN---January 18, 2018---U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Inspector General Daniel R. Levinson will kick off the opening session of the 22nd Annual Compliance Institute, being held April 15-18, 2018 at ARIA in Las Vegas, the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) announced today. Upward of 2,300 healthcare compliance professionals are expected to attend HCCA’s Annual Compliance Institute, the keystone learning event for healthcare compliance professionals. The 2018 Compliance Institute features more than 250 speakers—19 from government—150+ sessions, and 11 educational tracks.
“The healthcare industry remains essential, as always, to the country and is under intense scrutiny from all sides. At the same time, though, it is constantly evolving. This Compliance Institute provides an unsurpassed opportunity to learn what’s new from an enforcement perspective, as well as the latest best practices,” said Incoming SCCE & HCCA CEO Gerry Zack.
Along with HHS Inspector General Levinson, the following are among the government speakers for the 22nd Annual Compliance Institute:
- Gary Cantrell, Deputy Inspector General for Investigations, Office of Inspector General (OIG), HHS,
- Esther Chavez, Sr. Assistant Attorney General, Office of Texas Attorney General,
- Greg Demske, Chief Counsel to the Inspector General, OIG-HHS,
- Catherine Dick, Trial Attorney, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ),
- Laura E. Ellis, Senior Counsel, Office of Counsel to the Inspector General, HHS
- Susan Gillin, Deputy Branch Chief, Administrative and Civil Remedies Branch, Office of Counsel to the Inspector General, HHS,
- Karen Glassman, Senior Counsel, Office of Counsel to the Inspector General, HHS,
- Michael Granston, Director, Commercial Litigation Branch, Fraud Section, Civil Division, DOJ,
- Nancy Griswold, Chief Administrative Law Judge, HHS, Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals,
- Jennifer Michael, Branch Chief, Industry Guidance Branch, Office of Counsel to the Inspector General,
- Iliana Peters, Senior Advisor for HIPAA Compliance and Enforcement, HHS Office of Civil Rights (OCR),
- Lisa Re, Assistant Inspector General for Legal Affairs, OIG-HHS,
- Vicki Robinson, Senior Counsel for Policy, OIG-HHS,
- James G. Sheehan, Esq., Chief, Charities Bureau, New York Attorney General,
- Todd Swanson, Assistant U.S. Attorney, Middle District of Georgia,
- Tamar Terzian, Senior Counsel, OIG-HHS,
- Andrea Treese Berlin, Senior Counsel, OIG-HHS,
- David Wright, Director, Survey and Certification Group, CMS,
For the complete agenda: www.compliance-institute.org/cibrochure
More about the Compliance Institute (CI)
The CI is the single most comprehensive healthcare compliance conference. The program is designed for compliance professionals from a variety of healthcare backgrounds, which include compliance officers, billing and coding professionals, legal counsel, physicians, quality of care professionals, staff educators and trainers, auditors, nurses, risk managers, ethics officers, privacy officers, health information professionals and more. The CI offers conference goers the opportunity to select from an extensive variety of educational sessions with a highly regarded faculty, covering topics such as cybersecurity, HIPAA audits, drug diversion, opioid abuse enforcement and prevention actions, conflicts of interest, False Claims Act developments, overpayments, telemedicine, government investigations, and more.
CI 2018 educational tracks include: Compliance Lawyer, Auditing & Monitoring, Privacy & IT Compliance, Long-Term Care, Quality of Care, General Compliance/Hot Topics , Physician Compliance, Internal Audit, How to Succeed as a Compliance Professional, Advanced Discussion Groups, and Industry Immersion.
For more details: http://www.compliance-institute.org
About the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA)
HCCA, established in 1996 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, is a non-profit professional membership organization. HCCA serves 11,500+ members, offers more than 50 meeting annually, and provides information and publications, training, networking as well as other important healthcare compliance-related resources. Visit HCCA’s website at www.hcca-info.org. Tel: 888-580-8373.
Contact: Margaret Dragon