Job Title: Graphic Designer
To apply, send resume to: Careers@corporatecompliance.org
FSLA Classification: Non- Exempt
Percentage of travel: 10%
The Graphic Designer works with internal clients to create marketing materials for SCCE & HCCA‘s internal needs and areas of business including conferences, membership, publications, COSMOS, Compliance Certification Board (CCB), and more. Materials include conference brochures, print ads, signage, email, and digital ads for social media and /PPC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal teams: including marketing colleagues, conference planners, and product owners to manage the design, content layout of marketing materials.
- Conceptualize visuals and translate internal client needs into design strategies. Design and produce print and web materials using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Bridge) including: selecting colors, fonts, photos, layouts, and other design elements to communicate the creative concept.
- Use specialized knowledge of electronic prepress workflows and 4-color and 2-color printing processes to preflight print projects, ensuring clean files and trouble-free printing. Use basic HTML/CSS to create email marketing pieces.
- Collaborate with management and marketing colleagues to maintain consistent branding and ensure standards are met and visually appealing for all graphics projects. Demonstrate a strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy of owned projects.
- Use project management tool(s) to balance and execute multiple projects/priorities simultaneously and ensure project timelines are met.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, and Bridge
- Experience in the design, layout, and production of print projects, including brochures, ads, [AS1] signage, etc.
- Familiarity with electronic prepress processes: preparing files for the printer, PDF workflow, four-color and two-color printing, etc.
- Experience working with printers to manage the production process: preflighting and sending files, reviewing proofs.
- Experience manipulating graphics in Photoshop, including color correction, resizing to the correct resolution, saving in the correct format depending on use, etc.
- Ability to use basic HTML and CSS in Adobe Dreamweaver to create marketing emails.[AS2]
- Experience with designing digital ads for social media and other uses, uploading images and PDF documents, etc.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently, both as an individual contributor and team member.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Ability to balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Undergraduate degree plus 3+ years of print and digital design experience.
- Experience creating short digital videos for use on social media. Able to choose and combine video footage, audio, and graphics to create a coherent story.