Job Title: Software Developer
To apply, send resume to: Careers@corporatecompliance.org
FLSA Classification: Non- Exempt
Responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of properly engineered content information systems (containing software as the major component) to meet agreed upon publishing business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with internal stakeholders, including editorial and product management representatives to ensure solutions are fit for purpose.
- Creates and executes unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements.
- Contributes to the creation of design and may lead the design of less complex components.
- May provide technical support to operations or other development teams.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains all required technical documentation related to assigned software to ensure supportability and reuse.
- Assists in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term publishing automation software.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options and estimate work for small to medium sized software components.
- Provides timely status updates for areas of individual responsibility within projects directly to project supervisor, team leader or project manager.
- Actively participates in team meetings, and general status meetings.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies under the guidance of a more senior team member.
Will work closely with project team members, including other software developers, technical lead, testers, business analysts and editorial team members.
- An ability to produce good quality and well-architected code with minimal supervision.
- A working knowledge of the Java programming language and associated common frameworks.
- Experience of testing methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of source control techniques including branching, merge etc
- Development experience using database technologies
- Working knowledge of RTF, XML, XSLT and associated processing technologies
- Working knowledge of Drupal, Word Press, other Content Management Systems
- Task management using Jira
- Working knowledge of DSDM or other agile methodology
- Some knowledge of the UNIX OS and bash scripting