Friday, November 15
07:00 AM - 07:55 AMContinental Breakfast
07:55 AM - 08:00 AMWelcome and Announcements Welcome to our Nashville Regional Conference.
All session will take place in the same room. You will have a few short breaks to visit with exhibitors and a networking lunch.
Continuing Education can be obtained by filling out the CEU application form after you have attended the event.
Please take some time to fill out the evaluation survey for each session, located at the bottom of the session descriptions in the mobile app.
If you are choosing to take notes in the mobile app on the presentations you can email those notes to yourself after the conference by click on the "My Notes" Button at the bottom of the app and then click on the "Email Notes" Button at the top right.
08:00 AM - 09:00 AMPrivacy Challenge: Collaborative Care Organizations, ACO’s, CINs, etc. Heathyr Fields, Corporate Compliance Director, Community Health Systems Tyler Golden, Senior Director, Corporate Privacy, Community Health Systems Kristen Rosati, Partner, Coppersmith Brockelman - Collaborate with external parties to provide better care and a more seamless experience for patients
- Share data within electronic medical record ("EMR") systems with payors, ACOs, MSOs, CINs, and independent physician associations in a compliant fashion
- Learn the regulatory challenges facing providers with external requests for data and access and balance operations and compliance
09:00 AM - 09:15 AMBreak For each exhibitor you connect with during conference, you will be given a ticket. Print your name on your tickets collected and drop them off at HCCAs Registration Desk during the last break of the day. The more tickets you collect and enter, the better your chances of winning! Winners will be announced at the beginning of the last session. You must be present to win. No purchase necessary
09:15 AM - 10:15 AMOIG Updates Tony Maffei, Special Agent, US Dept of HHS - OIG - Recent Tennessee healthcare fraud investigations
- 2019 National operations on opioids and telemedicine
- What’s on the horizon
10:15 AM - 10:30 AMBreak
10:30 AM - 11:30 AMCMS Update Kimberly Brandt, Principal Deputy Administrator for Operations, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
11:30 AM - 12:15 PMNetworking Lunch
12:15 PM - 01:15 PMSkilled Nursing Facilities- New Medicare Reimbursement System Melissa Mcleod-Seyfert, Senior Director, Advisory Solutions Laura Pait, Vice President, Workforce & Advisory Solutions AMN Revenue Cycle Division - Moving from Resource Utilization Groups (RUGS) to Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
- Overview of new reimbursement system
- Compliance tips and tools for PDPM
01:15 PM - 01:30 PMBreak
01:30 PM - 02:30 PMWhistle Blowers and Relator Bar Jerry Martin, Partner, Barrett Johnston Martin & Garrison, LLC - Common traits/motivators of clients who contact us seeking representation
- The preliminary discussions we have with prospective clients and the types of advice we give them. - The ideal whistleblower
- Factors in our decision on whether to take a case and common reasons we decline the majority of cases that come to us
- Our clients’ experience with compliance officials and the impact that has on their motivation and the litigation
02:30 PM - 02:45 PMBreak
02:45 PM - 03:45 PMHow to Have a Wildly Successful Career in Compliance Kristy Grant-Hart, CEO, Spark Compliance Consulting - Hear tips and tricks to super-charge your career. Learn to raise your profile, network your way into promotions, and find the ultimate mentors and champions
- Explore the various pathways a compliance career can take. Hear about life in government, corporate, non-profit, and consulting to find out what is best for you
- Find out the secrets of getting podcast interviews, writing successful blogs, getting speaking slots, and being quoted in the newspaper. Learn how to get permission from your employer so you can elevate your career
03:45 PM - 03:50 PMBreak
03:50 PM - 04:50 PMRegulatory Compliance Due Diligence in Mergers and Acquisitions: Panel Discussion Brian Bewley, Member, Bass Berry & Sims PLC Ross Ronan, Principal, Ronan Healthcare Consultants, LLC - Key areas to focus on
- Perspectives from the buyer and seller side
- How to resolve issues pre and post-closing
Agenda subject to change.