The virtual conference times are listed in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Friday, June 12
07:30 AM - 08:25 AMRegistration and Continental BreakfastAnn ArborMI
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and AnnouncementsAnn ArborMI
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMOverview of Risk Assessments and Workplans Andrea Merritt, Principal, Athena Compliance Partners Andrei Costantino, VP of Integrity & Compliance, Trinity Health
- Discuss the overall risk assessment process and how it can change based on the maturity of your compliance program
- Review how to be fluid in your risk assessment while integrating OIG and contractor audit activity
- Discuss how ongoing auditing and monitoring plays a role in your compliance program and its impact on the risk assessment
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreakAnn ArborMI
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMCybersecurity Melissa Crespo, Of Counsel, Morrison & Foerster LLP Andrew Sczygielski, Special Agent , Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Cybersecurity from the FBI's perspective
- Cyber threats targeting the healthcare sector
- Emerging cyber intrusion trends
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreakAnn ArborMI
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMPrice Transparency: Making the Most of the 2021 CMS Requirements Jackie Nussbaum, Director, BKD CPAs and Advisors Jennifer Goins, Managing Consultant, BKD CPAs and Advisors
- Identify the specific data elements required to be included in the public charge files and review examples of how the required files could look to achieve compliance
- Develop workplan and timeline for the multitude of tasks that need to be completed before the deadline
- Discuss key considerations for developing a transparent pricing strategy
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch (provided)Ann ArborMI
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMOpioid Crisis and Compliance Julia Russell, Associate Director, Protiviti
- Compliance requirements and beyond: Evaluating the effectiveness of your compliance program and remedial efforts to implement or improve one in the face of the opioid epidemic
- Digging into the common findings of Opioid Compliance Review and Drug Diversion Reviews
- Using analytics to target key risks related to prescribing, drug diversion, and compliance with system and regulatory policies
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreakAnn ArborMI
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMNew Proposed Changes to Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute Peter Domas, Attorney, Dickinson Wright PLLC Rose Willis, General Counsel, Health Law Link PLLC
- Learn about recent proposed changes to the rules implementing the Stark Law and the AntiKickback Statute, including new safe harbors and impact on value based, coordinated care
- Understand how the proposed changes could affect compliance burdens under real world scenarios
- Discuss the next steps in the regulatory process and possible future regulatory initiatives after the coronavirus pandemic
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreakAnn ArborMI
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMAvoiding Unnecessary Refunds David Glaser, Shareholder, Fredrikson & Byron PA
- Understand when a refund is truly required and why many lawyers mistakenly recommend them and give inaccurate advice on how far back you must go
- Understand why you are not required to refund based on provisions in Manuals/Guidance
- Recognize you can appeal to recover money you refunded
Agenda subject to change.
All sessions have a knowledge level associated with them, these levels are just guidelines and you are free to attend sessions of any level.
Basic: Program knowledge level most beneficial to Compliance Professionals new to a skill or an attribute. These individuals are often at the staff or entry level in organizations, although such programs may also benefit a seasoned professional with limited exposure to the area.
Intermediate: Program knowledge level that builds on a basic program, most appropriate for Compliance Professionals with detailed knowledge in an area. Such persons are often at a mid-level within the organization, with operational or supervisory responsibilities, or both.
Advanced: This level focuses on the development of in-depth knowledge, a variety of skills, or a broader range of applications. Advanced level programs are often appropriate for seasoned professionals within organizations, and professionals with specialized knowledge in a subject area.