The virtual conference times are listed in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Friday, May 1
07:30 AM - 08:25 AMRegistration and Continental Breakfast
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and Announcements Welcome to the HCCA Columbus Regional Conference! All conference sessions will be held in the Scarlet/Gray/Buckeye Rooms. You will have a few short breaks to visit with exhibitors and a networking lunch. Continuing Education can be obtained by filling out the CEU application form after you have attended the event. Please take some time to fill out the evaluation survey for each session, located at the bottom of the session descriptions in the mobile app. If you are choosing to take notes in the mobile app on the presentations you can email those notes to yourself after the conference by click on the "My Notes" Button at the bottom of the app and then click on the "Email Notes" Button at the top right.
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMHIPAA Hot Topics Allen Killworth, Partner, Bricker & Eckler, LLP
- Review the enforcement activities of the OCR’s Right of Access Initiative and what you can do to fortify your compliance in this area
- Review anticipated new regulations and questions we expect to be answered from these
- Review of recent penalties and lessons that can be learned from that cases
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak Please take some time to visit with our exhibitors: HealthStream Protenus ProviderTrust, Inc. Wolters Kluwer For each exhibitor you connect with during conference, you will be given a ticket. Print your name on your tickets collected and drop them off at HCCAs Registration Desk during the last break of the day. The more tickets you collect and enter, the better your chances of winning! Winners will be announced at the beginning of the last session. You must be present to win. No purchase necessary.
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMThe Long Term Care Survey Process and Enforcement Update Sherry Thomas, RN Consultant, LeaderStat
- Identify changes to the Requirements of Participation
- Understand the clarifications from CMS regarding the Interpretive Guidelines for the F Tags
- Identify strategies that are helpful to minimize survey deficiencies and enforcement actions
10:45 AM - 10:55 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMSeven Months in to PDPM, Where Do We Stand? Scott Heichel, Director of Clinical Reimbursement, LeaderStat
- Understanding the importance of accurate section GG coding
- Decision making regarding Interim Payment Assessments
- How is your facility selecting the correct primary medical condition?
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMUpdates to the Provider-Based Clinic Rules and Other Changing Rules in Healthcare Daniel Glessner, Partner, Brouse McDowell, LPA Laura Fryan, Attorney, Brouse McDowell LPA
- The Stark/AKS final rule and how providers are utilizing the new guidance
- Ohio SB 97 and federal legislation regarding price transparency
- Data security at the Ohio state level, including the Ohio safe harbor, federal legislation, and a brief overview of state legislation like the California Consumer Privacy Act that affects any provider interacting with CA residents
- Provider-based issues, including Ohio ambulatory surgery facility licensure and federal site neutrality
01:45 PM - 02:00 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMCompliance Enforcement from the Defense Perspective Paul Flannery, Partner & Co-Founder, Flannery Georgalis LLC Colin Callahan, Partner, Flannery Georgalis
- Effective strategies in internal investigations
- Defending parallel criminal and civil enforcement matters
- Recent trends in healthcare enforcement from a defense perspective
03:00 PM - 03:10 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMCompliance Session TBA Charles Colitre, Compliance & Privacy Officer, Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center Lynn Marie Hutt, Dir of Compliance & Privacy, Univ of Toledo C'Shalla Parker, Compliance Officer, University of Toledo Sally Jones-McNamara, Consultant, Health Ethics
Agenda subject to change.