All sessions listed are in Central Standard TIme (CST)
Friday, December 11
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and Announcements
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMAntitrust Enforcement: Evaluating Compliance Programs Mark Grundvig, Assistant Chief, Washington Criminal II, Antitrust Division, Department of Justice Aimee Imundo, International Counsel, US Dept of Justice Antitrust Division
- Understanding the Antitrust Division compliance program evaluation criteria
- Lessons to learn from recent cases
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMHow to respond to ‘I heard that is illegal!’ David Glaser, Shareholder, Fredrikson & Byron PA
- Suggestions for improving your hiring process for compliance professionals.
- Tips for explaining complicated rules and the legal hierarchy to both compliance professionals and medical professionals.
- Strategies for analyzing contradictory 'expert'opinions and reducing the legal anxiety that can prompt employees to become external whistleblowers.
- Review examples of situations where compliance professionals correctly, or incorrectly, concluded something was illegal.
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMHow to Find Your CMS Outliers and Build Your Risk-Based Benchmarking Program from Scratch Jared Krawczyk, Director of Analytics, Nektar Analytics
- Explore today's hot audit targets and the benchmarking metrics you can use to discover if you are at risk.
- Learn how to utilize multiple benchmarking techniques to create an overall risk score on a provider.
- Discuss chart selection methodologies that leverage benchmarking to be more focused and efficient within your internal audit processes.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMMid Conference Break
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMCARES Act Audit and Monitoring Strategies Lori Laubach, Partner , Moss Adams, LLP Sharon Hartzel, Director, Moss Adams LLP
- Provide an Overview of CARES Act Funding for Providers
- Consider the specific compliance risks areas in regard to CARES Act funding where the compliance team can focus resources to assess the system of internal controls and/or provide monitoring and auditing assistance
- Walk through examples of internal control strengths and opportunities for improvement in identified risk areas; discuss related workplans and corrective action to drive results and mitigate risk
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMTransform Your Policies: A (Relatively) Pain-Free Guide Andrea Falcione, Principal & Head of Advisory Services, Rethink Compliance Desiree Ramirez, Chief Compliance & Integrity Officer, UNT Health Science Center
- Building on momentum from its digital Code of Culture initiative, University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) embarked upon a policy transformation journey to fundamentally change its approach to policy management.
- Learn about UNTHSC’s mandate to decrease the number of its policies from 425 to a more manageable 90 (or so!).
- Hear how UNTHSC evaluated its existing policy inventory and policy management process and then crafted and executed on a massive policy transformation plan.
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMCOVID-19 Documentation, Coding and Billing Compliance Risks and Assessments Laura Jarrett, Senior Director Joseph O'Malley, Manager, Protiviti Bryan Beaudoin, Senior Manager, Protiviti
- Review federal and state guidance regarding documentation, coding, and billing guidance for COVID and COVID-related services during the pandemic
- Learn how one compliance program has managed the evolving guidance around expanded virtual health services, COVID testing, and other COVID related services in order to mitigate risk and incorporate the changes 2020 has made to their annual workplan
- Hear about current documentation, coding and billing trends, risk areas and best practices for monitoring and auditing
04:35 PM - 05:35 PMNetworking and Discussion Connect with your fellow attendees and enjoy a free-flowing conversation about what stood out during the sessions or a compliance challenge you want feedback on. The objective here is to enable conference participants to network with and learn from each other, and help overcome the isolation of the past months. This optional networking event will be held on Zoom and participants may choose to be on camera.