The virtual conference times are listed in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
Friday, June 12
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and AnnouncementsOrange CountyCA
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMA Year in Review - Key Developments In Research Compliance and Regulation James Riddle, Vice President, Institutional Services, Advarra
- Stay informed on the most recent compliance and regulatory developments related to research.
- Be prepared for upcoming changes in FDA research regulations.
- Take home a checklist of compliance action items for your organization.
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreakOrange CountyCA
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMPrivacy Impact Analysis Assessments - What’s New? Leeann Habte, Partner, Best, Best ,& Krieger, LLC Shirley Komoto, Risk Advisory Services, Senior Manager, BDO Pegah Parsi, Campus Privacy Officer, UC San Diego
- Changes to the data privacy laws that impact your privacy impact analysis - GDRP, CPCA
- Don’t forget the IoT and connected devices!
- Structuring your privacy impact analysis
- Embedding privacy compliance in your business operations
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreakOrange CountyCA
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMPost-acute and Hospital Perspectives Compliance Challenges Jonathon Redden, Chief Operating Officer, optum Lori Laubach, Partner, Moss Adams, LLP Tamila Johnson White, SVP and Chief Compliance Officer, TJW Consulting, LLC
- Hospital and sub-acute facility partnerships
- Definition of Continuum of care and what does this mean to the both health care systems (hospital and post-acute)
- Challenges in order to reduce readmissions or continual transfers of care
- Increased attention and challenges surrounding regulatory compliance - what is that 8th and potential 9th element
- How can compliance officers be proactive?
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch BreakOrange CountyCA
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMInvestigations - What Compliance Officers Need to Know Christie Moon, Principal, Moon Compliance Consulting, LLC
- Attorney Client and Other Investigative Privileges
- Investigation Planning & Strategy - Your Checklist
- Investigating in Collaboration with other Health Care Teams
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreakOrange CountyCA
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMCMS Update Mary Greene, Director of the Office of Burden Reduction & Health Informatics, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid ServicesOrange CountyCA
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreakOrange CountyCA
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMLegal and Regulatory Update Stephanie Johnson, Partner, King & Spalding, LLPOrange CountyCA
Agenda subject to change.
All sessions have a knowledge level associated with them, these levels are just guidelines and you are free to attend sessions of any level.
Basic: Program knowledge level most beneficial to Compliance Professionals new to a skill or an attribute. These individuals are often at the staff or entry level in organizations, although such programs may also benefit a seasoned professional with limited exposure to the area.
Intermediate: Program knowledge level that builds on a basic program, most appropriate for Compliance Professionals with detailed knowledge in an area. Such persons are often at a mid-level within the organization, with operational or supervisory responsibilities, or both.
Advanced: This level focuses on the development of in-depth knowledge, a variety of skills, or a broader range of applications. Advanced level programs are often appropriate for seasoned professionals within organizations, and professionals with specialized knowledge in a subject area.