12:00 PM Central | 1:00 PM Eastern | 11:00 AM Mountain | 10:00 AM Pacific | 9:00 AM Alaska | 8:00 AM Hawaii-Aleutian
Target Audience: Healthcare Professionals, Health Plan Administrators, Compliance Officers, Case Management Workers & All Employers and Employees
Main Points Covered:
- Current state of COVID 19 disease disclosure laws – federal, state, and local
- HIPAA and public health exceptions to disclosure rules
- Disclosures to HHS, CDC and state DPH
- Local law enforcement (?)
- Novel Issues Presented By Pandemic
- Right of government or law enforcement requiring information of disease diagnosis
- Right of Private Employer to Require Disclosure
- Right of Public Employer to Require Disclosure
- Employers with Self-Insured Health Plans
- Best Practices In Balancing Privacy Law & Public Health Interests
- Obtain updated status reports from legal/compliance teams on state of law
- Develop and test internal and external communication plans if an employee, customer or patron: becomes ill with COVID 19 symptoms, tests positive, or has history of exposure
- Review existing contracts with vendors or patrons, as some agreements may mandate disclosure or make confidentiality or safety promises to customers
$99.00 Member Rate
$119.00 Non Member Rate
Can't Attend? Purchase the recording.
Recordings will be emailed 1-3 business days after the initial air date.
CD-ROM recordings available upon special request.
Interested in speaking at an HCCA web conference? Apply Today