The Accidental Compliance Professional
Lessons learned from 23 years in the industry
What does 23 years in the compliance and ethics industry teach you? In The Accidental Compliance Professional: Lessons Learned from 23 Years in the Industry, author Roy J. Snell tells his personal and compliance war stories, and how they can help any compliance professional succeed. In an entertaining yet practical way, you’ll learn about:
- How the Health Care Compliance Association and the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics formed
- The emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills needed to succeed
- The tools needed to fully attack and fix a compliance problem
- Why being delightfully honest and independent are critical to compliance
- Many more lessons that you can use in your career!
To learn more about this book, Roy and his editor Karen Latchana Kenney discuss how the book was developed and written. It started out, they explained, with the idea of giving some history of compliance but quickly evolved into a vehicle to tell stories and share what Roy had learned along the way. Check it out on Compliance Perspectives Podcast with Adam Turteltaub
About the author
Roy J. Snell is a cofounder and former CEO of the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics & Heath Care Compliance Association. He's worked as an administrator at the Mayo Clinic, a compliance officer for the University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation and Hospital, and a compliance consultant for Deloitte and PricewaterhouseCoopers. Roy is a frequent speaker and writer on subjects related to the compliance and ethics profession.