Indianapolis Regional Conference
September 28, 2018
Surviving the Cyberpocalypse
Ron Pelletier, CISSP, CISA, CBCP, QSA, Partner, Co-Founder, Pondurance
Steve Long, CEO, Hancock Regional Hospital
- Reviewing the lessons learned from Hancok Health’s ransomware attack in January of 2018
- Understanding the critical components of incident response planning and crisis management
- Facing tough decisions, such as whether or not to pay a ransom
Communicating with Regulators and Enforcement: Try an Open Dialogue
Jim Rough, President, SunHawk Consulting
Lamont Pugh, Special Agent in Charge, HHS, Office of Inspector General
Matthew Whitmire, Director, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, Office of the Attorney General Curtis Hill
David Fuchs, Senior Counsel, Office of Counsel to Inspector General, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Cindy Cho, Assistant United States Attorney, Southern District of Indiana – DOJ
- Management know all too well the consequences of receiving regulatory inquiries, or worst, a subpoena can have on their reputation, bottom line, and their time.
- Learn the importance of building a good working relationship with government representatives.
- Learn the importance of accurate, timely, and complete disclosure when reporting or self-disclosing to government representatives.
How to Effectively Interview
David Glaser, Shareholder, Fredrikson & Byron PA
- Tips for protecting the privilege
- Strategies for gathering information: Should you use the carrot or stick?
- Why some of the classic tips about interviewing may not be the most effective.
Benchmarking of Coding Outliers: How to Transition to a Risk Focused Audit Plan
Jared Krawczyk, Mathematician, Nextar Analytics
- Discuss the critical elements needed in building a risk-based audit process from scratch.
- Outline and demonstrate how to conduct the needed benchmarking analytics that will support a comprehensive provider risk scorecard. (Above and beyond just a generic E/M bell-curve)
- Explore strategies to interpret and incorporate the outlier analysis results in a functional day-to-day internal audit process
How to Work with Business Associates
Nicholas R. Merker, Partner, Ice Miller
- Understanding how vendor due diligence during the contracting process can mitigate risk;
- Flexing an audit provision in a contract with an independent auditor may not actually be “independent;” and
- If your business removes your leverage, any diligence and auditing you do on your vendors is meaningless
Michael Batt, Attorney, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
- Understanding the application of privacy laws
- Telemedicine platform licensing.
- Credentialing; When is it required?