Minneapolis Regional Conference
September 14, 2018
The Seven Habits of an Effective Compliance and Ethics Professional
Dan Roach, Chief Compliance Officer, Optum 360
- The Seven Habits of an Effective Compliance and Ethics professional is intended to provide practical advice on how compliance and ethics professionals can be more successful in obtaining support for their efforts and exerting influence within the organization.
- Understanding the compliance and ethics challenge
- Positioning yourself for success as a compliance and ethics professional
- Key drivers of effectiveness
Visual Design – Tips for making your Compliance Training Memorable!
Cindy Matson, MBA, CHC, Senior Executive Director, Corporate Compliance, Sanford Health
- Who, What, Where, When
- Training approaches and deployment strategies
- Get creative! Examples of a variety of training tools
Sexual Harassment Compliance and the #metoo Era
Miaja Cassidy, JD, CHC, CCEP, Chief Compliance Officer, Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk, Hennepin Health System
Sandra Jezierski, Attorney, Nilan Johnson
- How has the #metoo era impacted how we view sexual harassment
- How can you ensure your compliance program is sufficient
- How can compliance and attorneys work most effectively to address sexual harassment complaints.
Hot Topics in Healthcare Security
David Finn, CISA, CISM, CRISC, EVP, Strategic Innovation, CynergisTek, Inc.
- Explain the current cybersecurity landscape in healthcare, including recent and emerging trends, and how these threats impact compliance programs
- Identify the risks posed to provider organizations by cyber-attacks, and offer proven strategies for mitigating that risk
- Examine real-world examples of breaches caused by cybersecurity threats, such as phishing attacks, malware, ransomware and more
- Distinguish best practices for creating cybersecurity awareness at an organization-wide level
Compliance on the Front Lines of the Opioid Epidemic
Matt Landis MS, JD, CHC, Vice President of Compliance, Meridian Behavioral Health. LLC
- Opioid dependence and abuse is a public health crisis and medication assisted treatment (MAT) is one option to fight this epidemic.
- MAT is highly regulated and diversion control must be a priority for providers.
- This presentation will provide an overview of how compliance monitoring helps to ensure the right patient gets the right dose at the right time.
OIG Corporate Integrity agreement – Implementation, Oversight, and Exit
Ben Wright, Compliance Officer, Sightpath Medical
Steve Lokensgard, Partner, Faegre, Baker, Daniels
Sandra Sedo, Chief Compliance Officer, Cardiovascular Systems, Inc
Tiffeny Rivard, Senior Compliance Manager, Medtronic
- Panel discussion with current/former Compliance Officer’s from Allina, Medtronic, Cardiovascular Systems, and Sightpath Medical
- Advice and perspective on preparing for and implementing a new CIA, overseeing an ongoing CIA, and managing a compliance program after a CIA
- Lessons learned from CIA experience applicable to organizations not under a CIA
No presentation availableNo