Philadelphia Regional Compliance Conference
Friday, June 1, 2018
Current Health Care Fraud Trends
Nick DiGiulio, Office of Investigations, HHS-OIG
No presentation available
Today’s Compliance Issues
James Sheehan, JD, Chief, Charities Bureau, New York Attorney General
- How the health care trends to big data, big organizations, and big for-profit will challenge your compliance program
- HIPAA privacy, reporting, and security risks-what these government agencies thinking? And what can you do about it?
- Hot topics from OIG civil money penalty and exclusion cases-patient dumping, excluded persons.
Using Data Analysis in your Compliance Program
Robert Bacon, MHA, VP & Billing Compliance Officerm Penn Medicine – UPHS
- The healthcare marketplace continues to challenge the compliance professional with significant emphasis on data mining.
- What tools are used by your entity to identify risk areas?
- What is the Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report (PEPPER) report?
- Who receives and analyzes PEPPER or similar reports within your entity?
Enforcement Trends – Compliance Investigations and more
Sean McKenna, Law Office of Sean McKenna, PLLC
- Hear from a former 10-year federal prosecutor and OIG attorney regarding how DOJ addresses compliance effectiveness
- Learn about recent DOJ and HHS-OIG initiatives in healthcare and their implications
- Understand leading practices to mitigate or reduce compliance risks
Medicaid: What, Me Worry?
Christopher M. Jason, Deputy Attorney General, PA Office of Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Section
Eric Stryd, JD, Senior Deputy Attorney General, PA Office of Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Section
- Drug Diversion
- Issues with non-compliance
- Partnership with Law enforcement v. HIPAA
Cybersecurity & Threat Risks:Where are We and Where are We Going?
Bob Marcavage, MBA, CIO, SunStone Consulting
- Data can “sleep walk” - Keep it safe
- Security threats - Update on Security Breaches
- Addressing threats - Cyber Security Framework